I hope to god this game comes out soon, i just started playing this because of my love for games ike ace combat. this game is honestly so amazing, theres obviously flaws that come with the fact its only in alpha but my god i could play this alpha for hours. i honestly love this so much!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Is it possible to lower the brightness of the HUD? It's the only thing I don't like about this game, I wish it didn't have that shine and it looked more like old betas.
Well, here it is year 2020, what's new?
Bro, relax, whatever you need go to Discord, I'm sure they are working hard on this, but they are a really tiny group and it's their first project.
The key is just to wait and don't think much about the game, I'm pretty sure it's not, by any means, a scam, so chill.
Does it work in 4gb RAM Laptop?
This game absolutely whips
Is there support for Saitek X56 HOTAS and TrackIR 5?
Enjoyed your game as a suggestion can you add Track IR to the head tracking. Free track is OK but not one I use anymore. O and I much prefere this to Ace Combat 7. I hated the timer in that game.
It is a nice game with good graphics, i hope multiplayer will be added so i can play with my wingman
Is there a Chinese plane?
Wanted to leave some feedback.
I love ace combat 7 a lot, but this game does 2 things that really sink it in my mind as a superior game purely from a flight perspective.
1. The ability to look around anywhere with the mouse and not be limited to looking straight behind you left, right, and up. This game handles so effortlessly and lining up behind an enemy to blast them with the cannon is so easy and fun.
2. Being able to turn the hud off, and have visceral chases through the clouds where you only know if its an enemy or not by using the actual hard radar on your dash. This element really makes project wingman stand out in my mind. I love the deep satisfaction of chasing a bogey and actually seeing their airplane dodge and weave trying to shake you, instead of green boxes. I would just like to say that I wish there was some way you could display ground targets and priority targets in a more meaningful way with the hud off. I know you have the radar but its really hard to spot tiny ground targets with IFR, then verfiy if its a priority target or an ally. I just dont like having to switch between hud on and off to beat the ground missions. In my opinion hud off is a far superior PW experience but I feel like its missing just a few things to make it perfect. I cant say what would make it perfect, perhaps little green arrows above ground targets and an information readout on a screen on the dash board.
A way to hard set more information into the actual equipment of the plane would be incredible, and make the plane feel real. Make the equipment inside useful, and not just lego stickers with dials and knobs.
Anyways, I love this game to death, and I cannot wait for its release.
Even before AC7 was announced I've been following this game in dev for a few years now. While we're all waiting for the 4th DLC, I finally got a chance to check this game out and man does it impress. I love everything going on so far:
- Longer distance for weapon locks brings back the old pixel-shooting feel that AC has been shying away from in recent years for more close-up action.
- Standard Missiles behave more like QAAMs, giving you more of that high off-boresight feel that most military short-range missiles are starting to modernize with.
- By the same token, enemy missiles are harder to dodge which forces you to really understand the best method of evasion, which is great because you have infinite (delayed use) flares!
- Ability to carry more than one special weapon for true multirole feeling. Multi-lock AAMs and UGBs?!
My only cons are:
- Fictionalized names due to lack of copyright use. We know the Sk.27 is really an Su-27 but I can live with that. It's not like QAAMs are really called Sidewinders in any AC game anyway.
- No High-G maneuvers as far as I can tell. But maybe this is why the missile incoming warning indicators are as was stated by a previous comment in that it changes shape to indicate how you should attempt to dodge it, forcing player skill into consideration.
- No Post-stall maneuvers as far as I can tell. This was most recently introduced in AC7 though, and how its uses are questionable in real life ACM doctrine, you have to really know the best place to use it in AC7's multiplayer, and I quite frankly suck at it anyway.
- I can't figure out how to reverse the yaw/acc-deceleration shoulder buttons on PS4 controller. I'm sort of already just getting used to this only difference in controls.
Looking forward to more development from this game, it's really promising.
ı dont know is thats a bug but everytime its does not matter after playing about 1.30 hour vision is starting to slide to the left and it makes games unplayable cuz ı cant track the enemy vision always starts to slide left
My controller suddenly stopped working on this (it has worked when I played it before). I have re-downloaded this but it still doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a fix? Btw I'm using a 360 controller.
I can't find the answer to this, but how do you dodge missles using information from that triangle that appears when a missle is locked to hit you? I see it changing shape, but I don't understand how to use its visual shape shifting to dodge enemy missles. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
There are two techniques you can utilize in different situations. You should have already noticed that when the missiles get closer the triangle gets larger and the alarm rings faster. The alarm sound is the most important part of missile detection.and avoidance. If the alarm is sounding off rapidly you can choose to either use your flares or you can use maneuvering. If you choose the maneuvering you can use the shape of the screen to choose the direction of your maneuver. The best practice is to overcome the maximum turn rate of the oncoming missile. This can be done be analyzing the direction the missile is homing in from. Once you have determined the angle the missile is approaching, begin turning the same direction where the missile is coming from. This will force the missile to turn sharper to strike a hit. If the missile is continuing to home in closer even while using this evasive maneuver pop flares. This combo will defeat 99.99 of missiles coming your direction.
So you're basically saying "the game development is gonna stop, because I said so" do you at least know how silly that sound ?
Everybody gangsta till the railgun planes pull up on the last conquest mission
The thrusters Flames do not look very realistic.
In ace combat 7 for exemple, the first catch when throttling is the marvelous flame going out of the thrusters.
That is one of your first impressions of the flying plane.
Please dont let us down with Thrusters Flames animation.
whoever the developer is, im rooting for ya
Hi, having purchased a gaming laptop and a joystick this was one of the first new games I tried out, and my god is it beautiful and fun. If I could nitpick a bit, it might have been brought up before, but I think with the Viggen's long range anti defense missiles although it visually occupies the two inboard pylons, the HUD displays only one is available before reload. But still, very good game!
This would be a fun game if it could also run on lower spec pcs.
Incorrect. The game IS fun, period. It would be more fun for YOU if YOU upgraded your PC.
Your having an old PC does not make the game less fun. The game is what it is. You just need to upgrade. And hey, if you can't, I understand, I do, but it doesn't make the game any less fun because your computer is slow.
Food for thought.
Plays and looks better than AC, very enjoyable demo. The sounds on target hits should show bit more scatter clutter, smaller bits n bobs flying round the main missile hit randomly. The ground, the hills, the rocks and the desert terrain look fantastic but other places round the World will have green flora, trees, military movements etc.
Campaign could be I am just wishing something like in 'Strike Commander' where the main pilot is part of a organisation, taking up big contracts from nations hiring to take out their bad guys, through precision strikes and a team of pilots fly to different governments round the World and do these missionary contracts.
SC was a old but ahead of its time game when it first came out in 1993. I still remember firing those aim-120 amraam.
Falcon 4 was another flight sim that came a long way to being great, spent tons of hours on that one.
You are on the right path from what I have seen by playing this demo today.
Whatever the campaign you have in mind I feel assured, will be just great and we shall enjoy playing this full game in the near future.
Many thanks for letting us try this upcoming game.
Honestly, this is vastly superior in every way to Ace Combat 7.
Control feels great. 1st person camera movement is great. Keyboard control of throttle is ambiguous, which may better be indicated with percent of output power, e.g. 70% for cruise throttle, 100% for full throttle, 120% for after burst, etc.
Personally I was hoping a game like Novalogic's F16, MiG29, F22 series, with well designed campaigns (need tactics), reasonable payloads (not just shooting hundreds of missiles), excellent aerodynamics, multiplayer modes, etc. This arcade air-shooting game is fine, but personally speaking I am not the target customer. Good luck!
This is like a better version of Ace Combat. The controll feels really good. The sound is realistic unlike Ace Combat which you can hear only music. Ace Combat's bot pilots talk like some middle school teenagers on the radio. While this game have some chatter on the radio, they keep it to the minimum just enough to tell the story. Make this a full game with campaign mode and it will be so much better than Ace Combat
I think the controls here and everything else is perfect. One thing I like also is that it has as its minimum difficulty level something reasonable that won't make you pull your hair out. Ace Combat 7 has made me want to throw my monitor across the room so many times. I don't know what game companies game by having an easy setting, as not all gamers are great at gaming or have all the time in the world to get to that point. I'm hoping your still developing this its a definite buy for me when the final version comes back.
I need high g turn like ace combat 7, the overall gameplay is impressed me i'm sure gonna buy this game when it came out.
Good phsics but need to see bf4 or bf3 jet control scheme
I want this game to be compatible with other languages.
I'm getting "Fatal Error" message, I'm on Win 64bit.
Hey, This Looks like a AMAZING game, But I Cant Seem to Run it, It keeps giving me the Fatal error Crash (ive tryed the Unreal Engine) Its asking for a UnCooked Verison, Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks.
can we still be a backer? if not when can we purchase full copy?
I want to ask about the jet license, is this game going to rent those license like Ace Combat or make a fake name for the jet? I know it's not cheap, but what is the team planning to do? What different feature can we expect in this game that makes a difference compared to the Ace Combat? As the team that had said the game was inspired by Ace Combat, so of course, we are going to expected some similarity, but also should there be something new in this game? We know one of the hardest things is writing the main story for the game. The Ace Combat had created a parallel world, so what is the plan for the Project Wingman? We know there is a campaign, but we don't know what story going to be, is a story that happened in the real world, or the team decided to make a new one? There is more I would like to ask, but I don't want to put too much pressure on you guys.
Aircraft have vaguely similar names to their real-world counterparts. AFAIK this game also uses a "strange, real world" similar to Ace Combat.
I played the demo just now and I think its great. No matter what changes you make in the future, please keep as an option the simplicity of play that it is now. I hate when devs try to make it too realistic and then the fun is down. So all I am asking is that if you do make it more complicated to play in the future, just keep the way it is now as an option. If you keep that I'll have no problem purchasing the game!! Oh and by the way are you going to include VR support for Windows Mixed Reality Headsets like Samsung's HMD Odyssey.
I played the demo, I love the violins in the soundtrack. I see a lot of potential in this very arcade-ey game, and it looks like it will be a ton of fun to play through a campaign. I'm sorry I missed the kickstarter.
I only have 2 questions as a newcomer: "How much do I need to pay for this honestly entertaining project?" And secondly, "When can I pay you the money?"
More exciting than DCS world and feels more simulated than AC7
Love your cockpit perspective,HUD,UI,effect,and especially the gun's handle.
Looking forward to your complete version!